There are many types of art jobs
Jobs in Arts, Culture, Education, Museum, Theatre, Music, Library...
An art job is a job that involves creating or dealing with art, such as being an artist, art teacher, art therapist, art gallery owner, or art curator. It could also refer to a job that involves using artistic skills, such as graphic design or set design. Essentially, an art job is any job that involves creativity and the expression of artistic ideas.
Examples of art jobs:
- Artist creates original works of art, such as paintings, sculptures, or drawings.
- Art teacher teaches art to students of various ages.
- Art therapist uses art to help people express their feelings and improve their mental health.
- Art gallery director manages an art gallery, including curating exhibitions and selling artwork.
- Art curator responsible for selecting and organizing art exhibitions for museums or galleries.
- Graphic designer uses design skills to create visual communications, such as logos or advertisements.
- Set designer creates the sets and environments for television shows, films, or theater productions.
- Art conservator works to preserve and restore works of art.
- Art critic writes reviews or articles about art and the art world.
Some other examples of arts jobs:
- Illustrator creates drawings or other visual representations of ideas or stories.
- Fashion designer creates clothing and accessories.
- Ceramic artist creates objects out of clay.
- Art director responsible for overseeing the visual style and creative aspects of a project, such as a film or advertising campaign.
- Animator creates animated films or television shows.
- Glass artist creates objects out of glass, such as vases or sculptures.
- Multimedia artist creates images or animations using a combination of different media, such as computer graphics and video.
- Art restorer restores damaged or deteriorating works of art.
- Art market analyst studies and analyzes trends in the art market.
These are just a few examples of the many different types of arts jobs that exist.
- Director of Event Services• Title: Director of Event Services • Reports to: Vice President of Operations • Location: Charleston, South Carolina • Type: Full-time, salary, exempt. Evening and weekend hours will be required. • Pay Range: $80k – $90K annually Organization Background The Charleston Gaillard Center is entering a new phase of focus, with the development of […]
- Director of DevelopmentDirector of Development JOB SUMMARY Palm Beach Opera (“PBO”) is dedicated to producing live opera at an international standard of excellence, to enriching the life of the communities it serves with a diverse offering of educational programs, and to training the next generation of opera stars. Founded in 1961, the fully professional Palm Beach Opera […]
- Artist LiaisonSummary/Objective Arrange all logistics of artists’ work with the BSO and at Tanglewood. Job Description About the BSO Founded in 1881, the Boston Symphony Orchestra (BSO) is one of the premier orchestras in the world. The BSO is committed to bringing world class music and performances to the local and international communities. The key to […]
- Compensation and Benefits SpecialistSummary/Objective About the BSO Founded in 1881, the Boston Symphony Orchestra (BSO) is one of the premier orchestras in the world. The BSO is committed to bringing world-class music and performances to local and international audiences. The key to our success remains our employees, from the musicians onstage to those behind the scenes making it […]
- Executive Director, New York Youth SymphonyThe New York Youth Symphony welcomes nominations and applications for the position of Executive Director, available in the Fall of 2023. New York Youth Symphony www.nyys.org Founded in 1963, the Grammy Award winning New York Youth Symphony (NYYS) is nationally recognized for its Orchestra, Jazz Band, Chamber Music, Composition, First Music, Musical Theater Songwriting, […]
- Senior Individual Giving OfficerSummary/Objective The Senior Individual Giving Officer will be responsible for the direct engagement and solicitation of Boston Symphony Orchestra donors and prospects with the capacity to make 6-7 figure gifts. The Senior IGO will collaborate with individual giving team members and donor relations staff to develop donor-centric individual strategies and will help ensure that the […]
- Director of DevelopmentDirector of Development • Oceanside Museum of Art, Oceanside, CA • Salary Range: $130,000–$150,000 • Full time; occasional evenings/weekends required. • Total compensation includes a generous benefits package with medical, dental, 403 (b), and paid time off (PTO) ABOUT OMA OMA’s mission is to bring people together to explore the art and stories of […]
- Adult LibrarianThe Library is seeking Adult Librarians to cultivate creative thinkers, enthusiastic readers, skillful researchers, and resourceful users of information. Successful candidates will embody each of these four characteristics themselves. Locations: Bronx, Manhattan, Staten Island Key Responsibilities: Under the supervision of their Manager, the Adult Librarian: Provides reference service and resource recommendations using print, media […]
- Executive CoordinatorFirstWorks Executive Coordinator FirstWorks is a Providence, Rhode Island-based non-profit arts organization dedicated to enhancing the cultural, educational, and economic vitality of our community by engaging audiences with world-class performing arts and education programs, and as Founding Creative Partner for PVDFest, Providence’s premiere arts festival. FirstWorks (FW) is seeking an Executive Coordinator to support vital functions of the entire […]
- Patron Services & Communications ManagerThe Grammy-winning Phoenix Chorale seeks an individual who is personable, organized, creative and detail-oriented for the position of Patron Services & Communications Manager, as one of two full-time staff. This person must be a self-starter, responsible for managing and creating the public-facing communications and daily interactions for, and on behalf of, the Chorale. The main […]